Woahhhh, I know what you’re thinking. “How can the word healthy possibly be in the same title with french toast?!” I get it. But this isn’t your normal recipe. I’ve made a bunch of changes to the original recipe that I found on the net to eliminate more of the yuck and substitute better alternatives (like the bread type).
Things You Need:
• A medium to large sized banana
• 1/4 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
• 1/4 cup of oats
• 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1 slice of sprouted grain bread, cubed
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• Cut your banana in half (roughly). Mash half of the banana in a bowl and cut the other part into slices.
• Take your mashed banana and add the almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix until it is fully combined.
• Put your bread cubes into the mixture and use a fork to lightly press down so they absorb most of the liquid.
• Add your oats and gently mix until everything looks even.
(If your mix seems too dry, add a tiny splash of more almond milk.)
• Transfer your mixture to your oven safe dish and then add your banana slices to the top.
• Bake for 20 minutes. Your banana pieces will have a slight brown color to them.
Pretty easy, right?! I’ve found the bigger the banana that is used, the more flavorsome the bake is. One of these days I’ll get around to taking photos with my DSLR and not my cellphone–but for now, it gives you an idea of what you’re working with. Enjoy! <3