Eating healthy can sometimes make you feel limited with the seasonings you use or sometimes everything starts tasting the same. I love using lemon pepper to add a little flavoring now-and-again, so it inspired this chicken dish… to be a little “extra.”
One of my favorite things about making this was the subtle fresh lemon taste in the asparagus because it wasn’t overpowering.
What You Need
This is pretty easy, and I think it took between 20-30 minutes to complete from prep to finish. I used chicken tenderloins, but if you used chicken breast it may take a bit longer to cook through your meat.
1. Get your pan warming on the stove with medium heat. Put just enough butter that your chicken will be able to cook in it–but not too much that it gets saturated in it.
2. In a bowl, pour a little bit of flour and mix it with a sprinkle of pepper. We’re going to dip the chicken into this bowl, so make sure you cover each side of the chicken so it is all white (with little pepper freckles). Toss the chicken in your warmed pan as you complete it.
3. Next, sprinkle a little bit of lemon pepper all over your chicken as it is cooking in your pan. When you flip your chicken, make sure to sprinkle lemon pepper on the other side as well. When the chicken is done, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
4. Next comes the asparagus and lemon. After the chicken was out of the pan, I used a little bit of olive oil to make sure my pan was coated. I chopped the asparagus into 3 sections, and sliced the lemon very thin.
5. When you’re done chopping everything, throw the asparagus and lemon into the pan and rotate it so that it all cooks evenly. Make sure the lemon gets a turn on the bottom of the pan so it gets to be a nice caramelized/golden color (you’ll also need to remember to flip them so they too cook evenly).
6. When your asparagus reaches your desired tenderness, put the chicken back in the pan with everything and then it’s time to let everyone dig in.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you enjoyed it or modified it in the comments below!