I know many of us are always looking for new healthy snacks to try and I came across an idea similar to these on Pinterest. I made a few changes to make them more my style and you can also adjust to meet your own personal taste.
You can cook these in either a muffin or mini muffin pan–I’ve tried both. My preference is to use the mini muffin pan because they are quick bite-sized snacks for when you’re on the go or just want a little something to curb your hunger.
- Do not line your pans with paper liners. Use either oil/flour or a spray. I personally use a quick spray.
For the mixture you will need:
1. 3 cups of oats
2. 1 tsp of cinnamon
3. 1 tsp of vanilla extract
4. 4 large bananas
This is the part where you can add whatever mix-ins that you would like. I have made quite a few different varieties to see what I like best and honestly, they have all been delicious. Here are a few suggestions below.
6. Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease your muffin pan.
3. Mush your bananas up and add in your other ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
4. Fill up close to the top with your mixture because it will not rise.
5. If you are baking in a regular sized muffin pan, I would suggest 15-18 minutes. If you are using a mini muffin pan, check them at about 10 minutes.
6. Let them cool for a few minutes. You’ll be able to pop them out really easily.
7. These can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.